Welcome to The Literate Corner
This site consists of book reviews, some anecdotes, recommendations and sometimes my opinion about recent happenings in the world of literature. As an Arts student, I am eager to discover new genres as I have mostly read and also enjoyed YA books. Feel free to have a look to my constantly growing journey in discovering new books, literary styles, unconventional topics and outstanding authors.
Photography is a beautiful way to visually share the aesthetic of reading, books and all what comes thereby. It is not only the book itself that matters when reading but it the act of taking time for something and having a moment for yourself to either enjoy the flowing of the words (Poetry), immerse in a fictional world or to dive deeper into an interesting topic, is part of the pleasant experience.
NΕW on the website since 13/06/2021: SLOW LIVING
I recently added this new category. It is my way of expressing myself by focussing on what I find important in my daily life. Since life can be hectic and we don’t know what will come next, I like to draw attention to the things that matter to me. Living in the moment, making time for the things I love, being grateful for what I have and who’s around me … All those things make me feel more connected with life. And I want to be open about it because life is beautiful and I want you to see that. Hopefully, a spark of gratefulness about life will leap over to you.
- The bold colours of flowersHow is it that the colours of flowers seem to be much more intense than the colours of other things? […]
- A rememberable eveningThe feeling you get when… you see some friends after a very long time. you skateboarded for the first time […]
- Thoughts on letters between Amadeus Mozart and his father“My Dearest Father” is a booklet from the collection of Penguin little black classics and contains a selection of letters […]
- Greek mythology with Stephen Fry, a review about “Mythos”very witty Extra interesting information in the footnotes Coherent construction and order of the myths Section in the book with […]
- Neuroplasticity, a useful tool explained in “The Source” by Dr. Tara SwartMain points science connected to spirituality the working of our brains comprehensible explained the importance of physical and mental self-care […]
- The surplus value of reading “A Christmas Carol” in today’s situation“A Christmas Carol” written by 19th century author Charles Dickens is a meaningful story about celebrating Christmas with family and […]
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.